Monday, March 01, 2004

You know, I dream of one day being on stage and accepting an Ocsar for my glamorous, brilliant but exhausting work. In my daydreams I'm endlessly rehearsing the speech: "I'd like to thank my mom and dad, and my agent and my lawyer. My pals, Johnny Paymore, Mick Marsters and Sam Doddler. Also my beloved personal friends Walter Smitty and Judy Puncheon. And of course I never would have made it here without the support of my co-workers Pam Latherton, Bill Blathyrs, Roger Snydely and Chuck Wilkerson. They'll be uncorking the champagne now. It's all very exciting for us back in Measley, AZ. Thank you, Academy." Sometimes I thank my coworkers first and save mom 'n' dad for last--for added emotional punch--but it's hard to memorize speeches, and I like to be spontaneous and just be wild and go with the flow, be totally in the moment. After all, you don't get to make speeches for millions or billions of people every day!

-Joe Filmmaker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home